- Designed and built by Olmsted and Vaux, the masterminds behind Central Park
- Famous for intricate manmade watercourse and its trees
- Its 585 acres encompass a zoo, the first urban-area Audubon Center in the nation, an ice rink, a band shell, a carousel, and dozens of athletic and recreational facilities.
- 8 million visitors annually
Brooklyn Botanical Garden
1000 Washington Ave. Brooklyn NY 11225
- This concrete jungle get-away has >12,000 kinds of plants from across the globe spanning 52 acres of lush land.
- >750,000 people visit each year
- Its themed gardens include Japanese, roses, cherry trees, etc.
- Stroll past fish-filled ponds, fountains, & breathtaking paths
- Note: Closed on Mondays & only $5 if you bring NYU ID
200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11238
- Second largest art collection in all of NYC (1.5 million works)
- Culturally diverse art spans ancient Egyptian masterpieces to contemporary art
- “Target First Saturdays” occur every first Saturday of the month. From 5-10pm, enjoy free arts and entertainment programs. Sandwiches, salads, and beverages are also available. Arrive 30 minutes ahead to pick up tickets at Rubin Lobby.
Map & Trains